WHEN: 14:30 to 16:30 (GMT) - Wednesday, 8 February 2017
WHERE: South Gallery Rooms 9 & 10, ExCeL London
COST: Free to attend - Register Today
All eyes are on Brazil, unsurprisingly, due to the sheer size of the market and the currently discussed scope of regulation, encompassing bingo, casino, online gaming and sports betting. Both Senate and Chamber of Deputies bills continue to move forward in discussions and are expected to be discussed and voted on the floor soon.
Outside Brazil, the region continues to excite the global market, even though it presents its own challenges, related to the size of illegal market, money-laundering and general investment and political risk.
This briefing will put a spotlight on the region, with particular spotlight on:
14:30 – 16:30 LATAM BRIEFING, Wednesday 8th February, South Gallery Rooms 9 & 10:
PARAGUAY: What is the current scenario of gaming in Paraguay?
- Changes to the current legislation;
- Casinos land-based vs online under the ‘new law’.
- When will licenses be available and which framework applies?
Javier Balbuena, President, CONAJZAR - Paraguay Gaming Commission
COLOMBIA: Online regulation in Colombia:
- What was the impact of online gaming in the country;
- What steps are being taken towards fighting illegal gaming?
Diana Blanco Garzon, VP Business Development, COLJUEGOS-Colombian Gaming Authority
- What are the challenges from operator point of view?
Evert Montero Cadenas, President, FECOLJUEGOS-Colombian Gaming Association
BRAZIL: This is clearly the most solid period we've seen regarding the regulation of gaming in Brazil.
- How does the Brazilian lottery market look like and the process of LOTEX explained;
- What opportunities are expected during 2017 and the work towards the introduction of sports betting.
- What are the current challenges and investment opportunities?
Alexandre Manoel, Deputy Secretary, Secretariat for Economic Monitoring-SEAE, Ministry of Finance Brazil
- Legal update: overview of the bills currently being analysed in the Chamber of Deputies and Senate and timeframes
Luiz Felipe Maia, Partner, FYMSA
Moderator: Karen Sierra Hughes, Director of Latin American Development, GLI-Gaming Laboratories International
Want to attend the LatAm Briefing?
Follow this link to register your interest!
Interested in speaking or contributing? Please contact Liliana Costa at firstname.lastname@example.org.